Mission, Values and Aims
During the session 2013-2014 our Kirk Session developed the following statement of our mission, our values and our aims. Our prayer is that our life as a congregation over the five years 2014-2019 will be shaped around working towards achieving our mission and our aims and living out our values in our life shared together as a congregation of God’s church.
To be a church at the heart of the community,
who together learn to love God,
learn to love each other
and learn to love our neighbours.
We welcome and encourage everyone who would like to join us in our worship.
We are committed to sharing the love and blessing of God with all people,
to love our neighbour as we love ourselves.
We are committed to sharing the good news of Jesus Christ and to see all people growing in their Christian lives.
We are committed to placing a strong emphasis on work with children and young people.
We are committed to caring for the elderly and vulnerable, as well as all others who may be in need.
Our Ten Aims
To strengthen and develop our values over the period 2014-2019 we will work to:
- Develop our ministries through mission.
- Reach out with the gospel to people of all ages from all walks of life.
- Strengthen our partnerships with others.
- Care for our members and nurture the young people of our community.
- Develop a variety of styles of worship and to increase the number of worship opportunities.
- Enrich our prayer life.
- Support those committed to serving God through encouragement, training and resourcing.
- Provide pastoral care in the community.
- Continually work towards being relevant within our society, in our ever changing world.
- Provide premises and equipment, which is fit for purpose and appropriate to support activities in line with our aim