Weekly Notices Sunday 18 February 2018Added on 19 Feb 2018
1. Financial Appeal Please do pray for letters being delivered to our members about our financial appeal to increase our annual income by at least £24,000. Please speak to Gordon Kennedy, Alistair Munro or Brenda Russell about our appeal and how you can take part.
2. Easter Edition of The Steeple Deadline for articles and photographs for the Easter Steeple is Monday 19 February (tomorrow). Please email your contributions to Stephanie-Anne at email@example.com
3. Prayer Meeting The Church will meet for prayer tomorrow Monday 19 February, at 7.30 pm. Please come and join us as we pray together.
4. The Presbyterial Council of The Guild will be holding their AGM and syllabus exchange followed by a Daffodil Tea in Craiglockhart Large Hall on Tuesday 20 February at 2.00 pm. It would be good to have as many of our own Guild members as possible there to welcome our visitors. If you are able to come along and help or provide some baking, please speak to Fay Munro (443 1367) or email firstname.lastname@example.org Many thanks.
The Guild meets on Tuesday 20 February at 7.30 pm in Centenary Hall. Our speaker is from Project Kenya – Feed the Minds which raises awareness of FGM. Tea and biscuits to follow. Everyone is very welcome to come along to any or all of our meetings.
Joint Valley Guild Meeting There will be a Joint Valley Guild Meeting at Slateford Longstone Church on Tuesday 27 February at 7.30 pm. The speaker will be Rev Ian Gilmour and his subject will be Slavery and Song. Three of us from Craiglockhart have signed up to go along to this meeting. However, if you would like to come along to this meeting and haven’t already indicated this, please email Alison Fairley asap at Slateford Longstone on email@example.com for catering purposes. Thank you.
5. Team Leaders are meeting on Tuesday 20 February at 7.30 pm.
6. Thursday Morning Bible Study Group The next meeting will be on 22 February when a warm welcome awaits. We open with tea/coffee from 10.00 am and start the group chat at 10.30 am, then we will study of the book of Matthew – Chapter 20, verses 1-16. If you would like more information, please contact Norma Henderson on 0131 445 5191.
7. Edinburgh Street Pastors There are two evenings of training on 22 February and 22 March. The next training weekend is from 16 to 18 March. If anyone is interested, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Tuesday Home Group The next meeting of the group is on 27 February. This year we are using the studies in the Essential Jesus book and we are finding them very helpful. The dates for this term are 13 March and 27 March. If you would like more information, please get in touch with Bobby email@example.com Everyone is very welcome!
2. The World Day of Prayer this year for our district is being held in St Mark’s Church, 29 Oxgangs Crescent, Edinburgh EH13 9HX on Friday 2 March at 10.30 am. The theme this year is "All God's Creation is very good" and has been written by the Christian women of Suriname. Flyers about this event are at the front and back doors of the Church and there is a poster on the Kirk Session notice board in the hall. This is one of the churches in the new grouping we are now in and I encourage as many people who can make it to support this event. One or two of our members will be taking part in the Service. Kath Grandison
3. Book Group Our Book Group will be meeting on Tuesday 17 April at 7.30 pm. We are reading ‘If You Want To Walk On Water, You’ve Got To Get Out Of The Boat’ by John Ortberg. Copies will available in Church, or from the Faith Mission bookshop.
4. Hill Walking Day - Saturday 16 June Advance notice of a date for your diaries. This year's annual hill walking day will be Saturday 16 June. Hard to believe but it will be the 7th year we have had a day out in the Scottish hills together. If the statistics are correct, this year the weather will be fabulous. Details of the walks will follow but, as usual, there will be options for low level walking as well as a Munro.