Weekly Notices Sunday 17 June 2018Added on 17 Jun 2018
1. Location of Defibrillator It has been brought to my attention that some members of the congregation are unsure about where the defibrillator is situated. It is inside a red container case which is held within a bracket. The bracket is on the wall to the left of the small Kitchen hatch outside the Macnab Room, where the telephone used to be. Apologies for any confusion. Pat Macdonald.
2. Ladies’ Summer Book Swap Evening - Save the Date! The Mission and Discipleship Team are organising another ladies’ book swap event. This year it will take place on the evening of Sunday June 17, and is in aid of Scripture Union. More information and tickets will be available shortly.
3. Next Sundaywe will celebrate the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper at our service.
4. Evening service next Sunday, 24 June, we will have an evening service at St Johns Colinton Mains at 6.30pm, you are all welcome to join us for this joint service.
1. Church Secretary Rita Sinclair is on holiday until Saturday 23 June. During her absence intimations can be sent to Mr Gordon Kennedy by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or handed to the Minister on Sunday mornings.
2. Prayer Service:we are meeting for prayer on Monday 18 June at 7.30 pm, please come and join in this time of prayer together.
3. Book Group meeting on Wed 20 June at 7.30 pm, we are reading John Stott’s The Living Church, copies can be bought in church at £10 or from the Faith Mission bookshop.
4. Brownies The Brownies are having a Beetle Drive on Wednesday 27th June in the large hall. This is a family event and the invitation is extended to members of the congregation.
5. The Steeple Please could articles and photographs for the Autumn 2018 edition of The Steeple be sent to Stephanie-Anne at email@example.com, in Word format, no later than Friday 29 June. This edition will focus on all the organisations and groups who use the Church and the Halls on a regular basis. If anyone has any queries, please telephone Stephanie-Anne on 0131 443 2548. It is hoped that The Steeple will be ready for distribution before the end of August.
6. Meet your MP: the Church and Society Council and the Scottish Churches Parliamentary Office are running a programme of meet your MP events and have encouraged congregations to take part in this. Our MP, for the Westminster Parliament, is Joanna Cherry MP. Joanna has agreed to take part in a meet your MP evening at Craiglockhart Church on Thursday 23 August. The plan is that between 7.30–9.00 Joanna will speak on her work as an MP and answer questions put to her. The evening will end with tea and coffee and a chance to meet Joanna more informally in the church hall. If you have a question you would like to ask our MP please put this in writing and hand it or email it to Gordon Kennedy – firstname.lastname@example.org – and we will prepare a varied list of questions for the evening.
This first meet your MP evening is being held for church members only, it may be in future that we host evenings for the whole community, but this first one is only for church members.