Weekly Notices Sunday 12 August 2018Added on 12 Aug 2018
1. Gordon Kennedy is on holiday until Saturday 18 August. During this time for pastoral care please contact Alistair Munro 443 1367.
1. Greenbank Church Guild will be hosting a Coffee Morning on Tuesday 14 August at 10.30 am to which all members of The Guild are invited. If you would like to go, please let Fay Munro know by email email@example.com telephone 443 1367.
Date for your Diary There will be a live screening of the Dundee Guild Rally in Centenary Hall on Saturday 1 September from 10.30 am until 3.30 pm approximately. At the start of the meeting we plan to join with our friends in Dundee to celebrate the Lord’s Supper. Please let Fay know if you would like to come for all or part of the day.
1. Meet your MP The Church and Society Council and the Scottish Churches Parliamentary Office are running a programme of meet your MP events and have encouraged congregations to take part in this. Our MP, for the Westminster Parliament, is Joanna Cherry MP. Joanna has agreed to take part in a meet your MP evening at Craiglockhart Church on Thursday 23 August. The plan is that between 7.30 pm and 9.00 pm Joanna will speak on her work as an MP and answer questions put to her. The evening will end with tea and coffee and a chance to meet Joanna more informally in the Church Hall. If you have a question you would like to ask our MP, please put this in writing and hand it, or email it, to Gordon Kennedy – firstname.lastname@example.org – and we will prepare a varied list of questions for the evening. This first meet your MP evening is being held for Church members only; it may be in future that we host evenings for the whole community, but this first one is only for Church members.
2. Mission Shaped Ministry This course is being run at Craiglockhart over the coming year and is designed to help us think about our community and God’s mission to our community. It is hoped that a good number from Craiglockhart will attend, for information about this course please speak to Gordon Kennedy.
3. Chogoria Lunches The Kirk Session has agreed that there should be a further series of Chogoria Lunches this winter. That’s all very well but the Lunches can only go ahead if we have enough people to cater for them. Even reducing the duty team numbers from 8 to 7 will still leave us short of the required numbers. Please volunteer to help at one of the Lunches. It’s not hard and the chat in the kitchen is entertaining. If you are willing to help, please contact Ian MacLeod 441 1374.
4. Chogoria Hospital We have received a copy of the Annual Report for Chogoria Hospital which had just been published. It makes such encouraging reading and shows the wonderful work being done in so many fields of medical and support services. It is very long so, to avoid waste, it is not being printed out. If, however, you would like a copy, please contact Ian MacLeod by telephone 441 1374 or email email@example.com details of your email address and he’ll forward a copy to you. We have also heard separately from Alison Wilkinson that the funds we raised in 2016-17 were part of a £15,000 donation from Scotland used to set up a new High Dependency Unit for the most sick patients. We’ll hear in due course how our 2017-18 donation has been used. With so much good news, we have to be encouraged to continue our support, so please do try to attend some, if not indeed all, of our coming series of Chogoria Lunches, the first of which is on Sunday 7 October.
5. Mobile phones and Inkjet cartridges We are looking for someone to volunteer to collect obsolete mobile phones and Inkjet cartridges and send them away to “Recycle 4 Charity” every so often. This Charity collects the phones and cartridges, saving them from landfill, and sends, when requested, a box or large envelope to the collector for the purpose. Money is then sent to the Collector’s Charity, in our case, Craiglockhart Church. Every little helps, as they say. If you can help, please contact Ursula Adams 443 6764. Thank you.
6. Church Day Trip, Saturday 8 September Can we just remind everyone about the Day Trip to Manderston House, near Duns. Bus leaves at 10.00 am from the Church and will arrive at Manderston at 11.15 am approximately. We will visit the gardens, dairy and stables, then have soup, sandwich, cake and tea/coffee for lunch at 12.30 pm. An afternoon tour of the house will take place at 2.00 pm. The cost is £35.00 per person which includes the bus, lunch and the tour. It is now time to book your place if you've not already done so, for what should be a lovely day out! Contact Marj Kay 0131 443 3869 or see her or Kath Grandison in Church.